From: "Wigger Jan-Frederik" <Jan-Frederik.Wigger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Kaufman James" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <jhpieper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Reuter Dirk" <Dirk.Reuter@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Matthew Davis/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS, <judyvdouglas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/01/2011 01:18 AM
Subject: Antw: link to wiki documentation on graphical editor

Hey Jamie,

sure, I will create a preliminary page with a tutorial that explains the application and functions.

I filled out the online questionnaire for the "paperwork" items, the paper questionnaires are those that we have already sent? So do we still have to do anything for the committer status?

In the last few weeks I was busy with reporting duties in my project (to keep the cash cow alive..), so I could not do as much as I wanted.
A little overview what I am working on, just for your interest:

The graph editor can now be called from the "model items" in the explorer list of the designer perspective (instead of the graph items). So, right-click on a model to get the canonical graph and click on a graph reference under the models to get the editor with the selected graph. So far only top-level models, have to implement adapters like I did for the graph references under the models.

Still have to work on the saving now; especially when editing a canonical graph. In the protocol of 03/16/2011 it is implied to offer the options to save the canonical graph as a new file and also to save the respective changes in the associated graph files. Seems to be possible, I work on the solution for this:

Model contains graphs for: area (label), population (label), nodes (with spatial information), edges (containment), edges (common border).
Open canonical graph
Add label to a chosen node
save label change only in corresponding graph file.

Afterwards, I guess JUnit test must follow?

I'll keep you informed!

Jan

>>> James Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 31.03.2011 19:51 >>>

Jan, Dirk,

Do we have a page on the wiki documenting the graphical editor? If so I'd like to add a link to it from under tutorials. If we don't have it yet

could you please create a page? It you are not ready to write it does not have to complete or polished yet (you can write under construction) but I'd like to get the links set up.

also, I added a new dependency on Zest for building STEM (as the graphical editor requires it).

Best Regards and Thank you!!
Jamie

IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Rd.
San Jose, CA 95120-6099
email: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
phone: (408) 927-2477  (tie 457-2477)

Back to the top