From: Stefan Edlund <edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: stem-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, James Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/06/2009 05:04
Subject: [stem-dev] Old STEM bugzilla defect
Sent by: stem-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all, I went though the old bugzilla defect for STEM, here's a list of what I think we should do with them. I used these actions:

1. Move to new repository. The bug is still relevant and open, we should move it.
2. Close. The bug has been fixed. If I'm not sure, I put a '?' in there.
3. Leave in old repository. Typically a "nice-to-have" or minor improvement. We can leave it in the old repository so we remember it.

Bug ID Title Comment Owner Suggested Action
207447 USAF Task 2: Implement Stochastic and Deterministic SEIR, SIR models with Documentation Stochastic is broken right now, we need to fix it Justin Move to new Bugzilla repository
207450 USAF Task 3: Implement modified SEIR model reflecting threshold effects such as critical susceptible densities I assume this is the forcing disease model we implemented for the flu. Jamie Close
207456 USAF Task 8: Working wth Academic collaborators to devlop and optimize a STEM model for a real infectious disease (e.g., Tuberculosis in Thailand) We did this for seasonal flu Justin Close
207457 USAF Task 9: Additional and refined denominator data The air transport would certainly qualify for this Not assigned Close
207460 USAF Task 10: Documentation Last think we do Not assigned Move to new repository
175597 Countries with no admin level 0 files We saw this problem generating .center files for european countries recently. Jamie Move to new repository
175976 The New Scenario Wizard should have a combo box for which sequencer to use Minor improvement Not assigned Close (?)
175963 STEM RCP Menu Menu bar and sub-menus need better organization I don't understand this one Not assigned Close (?)
177614 World Scenario requires 1024M to load and run Is this a bug Yossi Close (?) This bug should be moved to the new repository.
177952 Messages in MapDataManagementPreferencePage are not NLS'd Not assigned Open in new repository a general NLS translation bug for missing strings
177963 Internal Graph Decorator error I think this is fixed Yossi Close
178811 Population identifier in new Disease Wizard should be specified with pre-populated combo With the new population decorator for release 2 I think we can do this Unassigned Move to new repository
17993 Requirement for additional commonborder files Needed Unassigned Move to new repository
183422 Need a visualization of the canonical graph Don't understand Not assigned Close
191554 Need sample scenarios in order to validate function and serve as tutorials STEM has lots of sample scenarios, what else do we need? Stefan Close
194114 Need javadoc generation Yes Unassigned Move to new repository
198163 USA Level 3 datasets not complete We don't have any level 3 data sets (except Vermont). What is this needed for? The defect has some level 3 attachment files. Shaun Close (?)
199800 Parts of the STEM code base perform direct I/O on System.out and System.err Fixed I think Unassigned Close
200450 Standard model names are not reflective of model contents Minor improvement, major code changes to fix. I say close Jamie Close
200581 The death rate among infectious does not have correct epidemologic meaning With the new meaning of disease death rate this has been fixed. We don't use IF, IR any more. Unassigned Close
201627 Create interface based on rederived deterministic models I think we did this with the integration ODE solver and new math code. I can't open the attached .pdf so let me know if I'm wrong Justin Close
201631 Test cases for deterministic models based on new mathematics Yes, test cases still needed Justin Move to new repository
207062 Single Country Graphs for Built in Scenario Japan (and all others) should include node ZZZ with aggregating disease model Aggregating disease model breaks air transportation right now. So we need a decision here. Unassigned Move to new repository
207865 Relative Value History Providers should remove themselves if/when they have no listeners. Still a bug? Yossi Close (?) Move to new repository
209100 Missing or incorrect common border relationships Fixed I think Unassigned Close
209266 Some Level 2 nodes need to be checked for correct containment Fixed? Jamie Close (?)
209555 The simulation controls in the Control View do not display well on the Mac Bug Unassigned (we need someone with MAC to fix) Move to new repository.
211079 STEM run controls (run,pause,step) are being disabled I've seen this, it's pretty annoying Unassigned Move to new repository
211619 Memory leak running multiple simulations. We've fixed lots of memory leaks recently Yossi Close
218036 Property Selector should allow display of total population at one option in standard map view A "nice to have", not essential Yossi Leave in old repository
222953 Errors in Country GML data Fixed? Jamie Close
223911 Common Border edge errors Lots of fixed probably still needed for all data sets here. Unassigned Move to new repository, low prio
233281 Creation of nodes and edges in GUI Nice to have, possible to do via .properties files right now. Leave in old repository
241291 Sanity problem with STEM disease models Fixed I think Jamie Close
241684 RTE: recursive attempt to activate PropertySheet Still a bug? Yossi If still a problem, move. Otherwise close. I never fixed this bug but on the other hand never experienced it. I suggest leave in old repository.
244106 Assertion failure in GeographicControl.dispose Fixed? Yossi Close
244220 World transportation edges being included in country level scenarios This was fixed with the new air transport Unassigned Close
244459 We need to NLS all strings in the analysis perspective Move to a new general NLS bug (see 177952) Stefan Move to new repository
245420 Definition of graph for ZZZ node isn't being created in geography/plugin.xml Fixed? Unassigned Close
250135 Proposed UI change for Built in Scenarios Nice to have Unassigned Leave in old repository
250814 Intermittent Bug: Dynamic Node Labels appear with Null Decorators Fixed? Unassigned Close?
254941 The context menu in the STEM project explorer doesn't have commands to copy/paste/delete Nice to have Unassigned Leave in old repository
254942 The folders in the STEM project explorer need to be pushed down one level and a migration option for old projects provided. Yikes, I didn't think we did data migration? Unassigned Close
256322 Workspace relative scenario file selection in Analysis perspective Nice to have Jamie Leave in old repository
257315 Changing an attribute on a decorator does not get picked up in the next simulation run I don't think this has been fixed. Yossi suggested clearing cache when resource is saved. Honestly, I'm wondering how useful caching is anyways? Yossi Move to new repository See #259385
257636 International characters do not show up properly in the UI Still a problem Unassigned Move to new repository
257945 canonicalgraph has dangling reference Fixed? Unassigned Close
258976 Experiments only work if scenario caching is enabled This has been fixed Stefan Close
258989 Refactoring is broken Still a problem, difficult to fix, leave low prio Unassigned Move to new repository, low prio
259049 Could use a PercentSIInfector class that works like innoculator Implemented Jamie Close
259385 Scenario caching seems redundant Fixed? Yossi Close Move to new repository. I'll remove the caching from STEM.
260104 Use of class Preferences should be replaced with IEclipsePreferences Minor Unassigned Leave in old repo
260240 Israel highways Contains useful attachment for israel highways Jamie Move to new repository
260332 org.eclipse.ohf.stem.internal.geography should be named org.eclipse.ohf.stem.internal.data.geography Minor Unassigned Close after we moved to new SVN repo
260942 Scrollbars missing on wizard page(s) Still doesn't work perfectly Stefan Move to new repository
261267 Need to be able to partition user configuration parameters for decorators into groups. Yes, but requires major model changes Unassigned ?
261686 Running with the same decorator added twice to the model messes up log files Still a bug Stefan Move to new repository
262223 Dragging and dropping more than one infector/inoculator at a time not supported Annoying bug Unassigned Move to new repository
262927 Need new Population Provider that understands year, birth rate, and death rate Part of release 2 Unassigned Move to new repository
270537 The geographic centers have 3 letter code for level 0 geography. The code that does the lookup uses the 2 letter convention. Fixed Stefan Close
177612 Map control needs visual indication of I/O status Nice to have Unassigned Leave in old repository
177649 Selecting a simulation control should automatically switch to corresponding active simulation Last comment was low prio Unassigned Leave in old repository
178370 OutOfMemoryError not handled gracefully Nice to have Yossi Leave in old repository
182830 org.eclipse.ohf.stem.tests.core throws exceptions Fixed? Unassigned close?
199334 Outline view should display outline of hierarchy in canonical graph Nice to have Unassigned Leave in old repository
200844 Need Category "Lattice" under internal data Nice to have Unassigned Leave in old repository
205598 Validating sequencer causes app to hang Not really a bug Unassigned Close
209590 GoogleEarth shows entire country as infected after 1 cycle Fixed? Unassigned Close
223026 STEM Map should enable multiple GIS Map Projections Nice to have Unassigned leave in old repository
1951258 STEM Wiki changes and suggestions Not a bug I think Unassigned Close

Stefan Edlund
Public Health and Computer Science Research
IBM Almaden Research Center
(408) 927-1766 edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx