[stellation-res] Stellation Server Going Down for Update

The Stellation repository server on stellation.eclipse.org will be going down very shortly, as part of the upgrade to the new TClient. If anyone has any files outstanding, please let me know
(and check them in) ASAP.

The server overhaul will add merge improvements as well as compatibility with the Eclipse-based TClient. Please note that the new server is _not_ compatible with the existing command-line client (a.k.a. 'svc' or
"the CLI"), and we have no current plans to upgrade the command-line client.

I have already created an Eclipse 'Feature Update' site on stellation.eclipse.org, and have successfully installed the TClient into a local Eclipse installation. Remaining steps include:
* Shutting down the existing server on stellation.eclipse.org
* Upgrading the server binaries to the tclient-compatible version
* Running the test suites against the Feature-installed test client, using a test db (not the regular Stellation db)
* Bringing up the Stellation repository and verifying things work as expected.

I will post status updates along the way.

Regards,

Jim

--
Jim Wright, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
*** The Stellation project: Advanced SCM for Collaboration

Back to the top