Re: [stellation-res] Which Xerces?

Hello,

I'm back! :)

On 04-12-2002 18:36, Jim Wright - IBM Research wrote:

> I'm a bit confused about which version of Xerces is needed by the core.
>
> The Eclipse plug-ins all use XML4J 4.0.7, packaged in two jars:
> xercesImpl.jar and xmlParseAPIs.jar.
>
> However, the "Guide to Installing and Building Stellation" doc, up on our
> website, uses a single jar: xerces.jar.

Xerces 1.x was packaged as a single xerces.jar file. However, with the
standardisation of JAXP (javax.xml.*, org.xml.sax.*, org.w3c.dom.*), the
Xerces team decided to split the JAXP api and the Xerces implementation in
two jars (xmlAPIs.jar and xercesImpl.jar or something like that). That was
around Xerces 2.0.

Now, if I'm correct, Xerces started from an old version of XML4J, so I don't
know how the version numbering between Xerces and XML4J matches.

For the plugins, I would like to depend on the XML4J that comes with
Eclipse. For a standalone version, we have to figure out to what version of
Xerces the XML4J 4.0.7 corresponds.

Ringo

Back to the top