RE: [stellation-res] Stellation support for MySQL on Linux

I have to agree with you there. Although Cygwin is not that hard to install
under Windows, it puts a potentially large chunk of code on a machine that
the user might not, otherwise have any use for. It also could be a
deployment hassle in a commercial shop where users do not control their own
machines. This happens even to developers in some places!

I guess the bottom line is that unless a a CPL compatible JDBC driver
becomes available that we could distribute we are out of luck with MySQL.
Which leaves the problem of an open source database for Windows. The current
Postgres installs and works fine under Windows providing you install two
additional components, namely Cygwin and the Cygipc package which provides
Unix System V IPC mechanisms. This latter package is in he process of being
folded into the standard Cygwin DLL but this process is not yet complete. I
have yet to try Firebird but I think I should raise its' priority given the
MySQL situation.

> >dave

Regards

Jonathan