Re: [stardust-dev] [cross-project-issues-dev] Can't p2.mirror Kepler SR1 maintenance repo

J Understand. Thanks, Mickael.

From: stardust-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:stardust-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mickael Istria
Sent: Donnerstag, 26. September 2013 16:24
To: stardust-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [stardust-dev] [cross-project-issues-dev] Can't p2.mirror Kepler SR1 maintenance repo

On 09/26/2013 04:01 PM, Marc.Gille@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

it is a shame that this e-mail thread did not go on the Forum (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=225).

This is not how open source/community works. The thread could be very beneficial for others and this communication was just focused on the individual having the problem and the committers helping.

I was afraid this could be an issue in the simultaneous release in the Kepler SR1 repository that should be made public tomorrow. I prefered targeting directly people who might provide help and take decisions in case it had been necessary to take urgent action. But it appeared it was a false alarm, and that it was indeed an individual problem. Trust me that if I knew ealier the issue were on my side, I would have avoided sending this thread. But that's life...
When it comes to how an open-source community works, I kindly listen to your advice; but I also think that being so critical about the way someone contributes is not very good for setting up a community neither.

Cheers,

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat