[spaces-dev] found cause of intermittent problem with xdrive requests

Hi,

This bug caused intermittent faliures to show the list of available update sites when doing publishing.

Lucas looked at log files while I was generating requests, and Lucas found that the load balancer must have a bad configuration as it services requests for the same session from mulitple servers (when it should not).

All sorts of intermittent problems could be triggered by this - anything written could be read back from the other server and this response could be out of sync (i.e. deleted files still existing, files not found, etc.)

As a temporary fix, Lucas turned off one of the servers. We have asked Joe to look at the problem in the morning and doing a proper fix of the load balancing.

Regards
- henrik

Back to the top