Re: [spaces-dev] All checked in!

Hi Maria,
It looks great! I was afraid that you'd have external dependencies etc. but I only find self contained source committed by an Eclipse committer (you). That's very good news. As you perhaps know, Eclipse is especially picky when it comes to Intellectual Property.

I would like you to fix some minor issues.

1. The bundle org.eclipse.spaces.provider.xdrive has a project name that is different from the bundle name. We are trying to keep those name equal at all times.

2. The spaces project is in Incubation. This means that we are forced to use versions that start with a zero on all features and bundles. So please change the version number on all bundles and test fragments to 0.1.0 instead of 1.0.0.

3. You can remove the Activator classes altogether: They are only needed if you need special code to execute when the bundle starts.

4. We are really keen on keeping UI and Headless support apart so that we, in the near future can provide tools for unattended builds etc. Headless bundles are not allowed to have UI dependencies. So can you please create an additional org.eclipse.spaces.filesystem.ui and move the LoginDialog to that bundle instead or perhaps discuss an alternative solution with Henrik? Also, please remove all UI dependencies from the org.eclipse.spaces.provider.xdrive. I don't think any of them are needed after you have removed the Activators.

5. The org.eclipse.spaces.xdrive bundle is written for Java 1.4 so there are hundreds of warnings popping up in my workspace right now. You must either change all code or add the J2SE-1.4 Execution Environment (in the plug-in Manifest editor under the Overview tab) and then click on "Update the classpath settings" underneath.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Vazquez, Maria wrote:
Hi All,
I just checked in:

org.eclipse.spaces.filesystem.xdrive
org.eclipse.spaces.provider.xdrive
org.eclipse.spaces.provider.xdrive.test

You can run the test to try it. The only thing not working at the moment
is that the password, when entered, is not being saved in the keyring.

Thanks,
maria vazquez
senior software engineer

email: maria.vazquez@xxxxxxxxxxxx