From: spaces-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:spaces-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Vazquez, Maria
Sent: fredag 1 februari 2008 03:19
To: spaces-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [spaces-dev] getRawSchemeSpecificPart

We ran into a problem using getSchemeSpecificPart to strip off the
"spaces:" from the beginning of the URI, so we started using
getRawSchemeSpecificPart instead.
The problem was when there is an encoded space in the URI,
getSchemeSpecificPart unescapes it, which will lead to an
IllegalArgumentException when passed into URI.create().
The getRawSchemeSpecificPart does not unescape any escaped characters
and doesn't cause any exceptions.
We ran across this problem in our code and fixed it there but we didn't
fix it in any of the other spaces projects.
Thanks,

maria vazquez
senior software engineer

email: maria.vazquez@xxxxxxxxxxxx