[soc-dev] Regarding GSoC 2023

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am Shehan Madhusanka, Third year computer engineering undergraduate at University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I am interested in applying for GSoC 2023. I am well aware of JAVA programming language and OOP concepts. But I am not familiar with the Kotlin language. I went through the project ideas for 2023. I am interested in "Eclipse 4diac™ (Domain-specific modelling environment)" and "Eclipse Vert.x client for Apache Pinot" project topics.

Since, this is the first time I am going to apply for GSoC and also because I am new to the open source contribution, I don't know where to begin actually. I am a little worried whether I am too late to apply for GSoC 2023 since I haven't contributed to your organization yet.

I would love to contribute to your organization, get connected with the community. Therefore, it would be better if you can help me with that. Could you please tell me how I should proceed? Can you suggest a first issue that I can contribute to the organization?

Best Regards,
Shehan Madhusanka.

Email delivery certified by
Mailtrack