Or send them directly to emo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and we'll help you with the posting process.
Kind regards,
Maria Teresa Delgado

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 10:03 AM EMO EMO <emo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi mentors!
this is a kind reminder to submit your project ideas for GSoC 2023: 2023 "Ideas" page
We still have a week left before applications are due, time is running out!
Looking forward to receiving your proposals!

Maria Teresa Delgado

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: EMO EMO <emo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 11:51 AM
Subject: GSoC 2023 - Call for ideas
To: <soc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello all,

We are getting ready to apply to this year's Google Summer of Code!
There is one major change this year: Google is expanding the program to be open to students and to beginners in open source software development.

Here is what you can do to help:

Mentors: please take a few minutes to add your project ideas to the 2023 "Ideas" page.  If you're truly interested in participating please take the time to create a complete project idea as defined by the criteria available here. We are continuously improving the landing page with some more information for students. Please feel free to add or otherwise improve the information there. Once we submit our application we’ll let you know if we get accepted how to become an official mentor and when we'll be ready to accept you.

Students: please be patient! We're not ready to officially accept project proposals yet. The proper channel to officially pitch your project idea is via the GSoC system (please do not propose a new Eclipse open source project).
Please make sure to watch the GSoC new ‘Introduction to GSoC’ video to see a quick overview of the program. Read through their contributor guide for important tips from past participants on preparing your proposal, what to think about if you wish to apply for the program, and more.

In the meantime, now is a great time to start building a connection with an Eclipse open source project team that you want to work with, and learn about our contribution process. You don't need to wait for the programme to start, contributions are always welcome.

Ask questions about the programme here. But please! before you ask a "when" question, make sure that you've first consulted the GSoC timeline and make sure that you've at least tried to find an answer before asking here.

Thanks,

Maria Teresa Delgado
--
The Eclipse Management Organization | Eclipse Foundation

--
The Eclipse Management Organization | Eclipse Foundation

--
The Eclipse Management Organization | Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top