[soc-dev] The "Slot Allocation" deadline is approaching...

GSoC mentors:

The slot allocation deadline is approaching (April 9). I'll try to keep our slot allocation request up-to-date so that we don't miss out, but that will be way easier if you can click on the "Want to Mentor" sooner rather than later.

By way of background... the way this works is that we need request a range of project proposals (slots) that we want. On April 9, the good folks at Google will decide how many slots we get. Based on that number, we'll have to pick the subset of proposals that we'll accept.

So... the short version is that it's best that we have a good sense for how may proposals that we actually want to accept before the April 9 deadline.

Please only volunteer to mentor if you really want to and have the necessary time to dedicate to the task. Take a look at the timeline to get a sense for what's expected of you in terms of evaluations. If you can't meet one or more of those dates, please let me know so we can arrange some backup.

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/timeline/

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, let me know sooner rather than later.

Wayne

--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects