Re: [soc-dev] Mentors: Please review the proposals

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We have identified 33 proposals in the system [1] (Stephanie and I have marked the bogus proposals as "ignored"; there's a link to expose them if you're interested).

If you have not done so already, please have a look. There is a place on the proposal page to post comments that are shared with mentors only. You can also click the "want to mentor" link if you feel so inclined. If you have questions about the proposal, feel free to connect directly with the student via email. Note that responsiveness to your questions is a reasonable piece of the selection criteria. There's some help in the Mentor Handbook [2].

AFAICT, the scoring that we've used in past years is gone: voice your concerns about the proposal in comments, express your support by volunteering to mentor.

We need to have some idea of how many proposals we want to accept before April 17, 2017.  Your input sooner is better than later.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/proposals/shared/

link [1] responds 403