[soc-dev] Eclipse Che @ gsoc

Hi all,
Hope you are going well,
I'd like to suggest an Eclipse Che subject for the Google summer of code,

I've been through https://wiki.eclipse.org/Google_Summer_of_Code. I've created an account at gsoc but not sure what to do next, do I have to go through https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/get-started/ ? or is it already done by the Eclipse Foundation organisation ?

The first idea would be to work on the pair-programming plugins for Eclipse Che with Eclipse Flux. The feature is at the moment a POC. And it works well.

The goal would be to add more feature to it:
 - show cursors of other participant
 - have a chat feature
 - show notification when other files not opened are being notified
+ Making the plugins "production ready"
 - cleaning code
 - packaging
 - test

Eclipse Che use Orion and would connect to a flux server, so we would focus on these 3 projects.

And I would probably be the mentor,

Sun.

--
Sun Seng David TAN