Re: [soc-dev] JDT Core: Additional Java 8 refactorings

Lars,

if you focus on fixing the impediments, i.e., make JDT’s type, constructor and argument completion fast we will make Subwords and other extensions easily consumable for users.

This discussion is not about where a feature should be in. It’s already part of the Java and RCP package and thus accessible to millions.
It’s about fixing the underlying limitations in JDT why the development of Subwords got stuck (i.e., limitations in JDT which would require major and even breaking changes in the core parts).
Thus, instead of copying what already works, understand why Subwords (or whatever similar completion you want to implement) cannot work with JDT as-is and what needs to be done to make it work.

Read bug 377373 and the referenced proposed Gerrit changes to JDT to get a feeling what’s troubling.

Marcel