Re: [soc-dev] open source participation

Hello Varun Gupta,

In 2014 I was working on the Platform project generifying the JFace framework with Hendrik Still and Lars Vogel.
Based on my experience, you should get started with simple bugs. We used to have a "dummy bug" which was remove non-javadoc comments from overriden methods.
The purpose was to understand how to use Gerrit, Git, and get familiar with the contributor development process.

I suggest you to look for an opened bug. Try something that you are familiar with.
Visit <wiki.eclipse.org> to know more about projects and how to contribute to them.

You are very welcome to contribute and all Eclipse committers do appreciate your time and dedication helping them to build a better development environment :-)

Good luck and best regards,

Jeanderson Barros Cândido

i am new to open source and i have come across a program the Google Summer of Code which helps us to contribute to various open source organisations. I wanted to get started but have limited idea as to how i should start. Please i would really help someone to guide me

sincerely,
varun