[soc-dev] Improvements in "Tutorials and Stack overflow Integration" idea

This post is in reply to Wayne's comment on the idea[1].

1. The tutorials that are available (Help > Welcome) are limited to just one tutorial for each perspective that eclipse has installed. More over as i understand them, these tutorials give the user a feel of how to use eclipse(in various perspectives).

What i propose is like a tutorial or some code snippet for as many possible methods of as many possible java classes.

Example[2]: Assume we are typing string length function then something like this would appear:
Inline image 2
Inline image 3

2. In the case of "help for exceptions" feature, yes i understand that we cannot make it completely Stack overflow dependent but, for now that is the only popular programming forum which provides API services[3].

To solve this problem, we could make a Stack overflow Plug-In for eclipse and exploit the vast services of its API.

OR

Create a hybrid feature which would display few posts from stack overflow(say 3) and few Google search results for that particular exception. Thus, eliminating the complete dependency on one vendor and provide possibly the best solution/explanation by trusting the quality of Google's Page ranking algorithm. :)

Looking forward to your comments.

[2]Example borrowed from http://www.tutorialspoint.com/java/java_strings.htm
[3]http://api.stackexchange.com/docs

Thank you,