[soc-dev] GSoC 2014 - Eclipse 4 support in PDE and Platform

Dear All,

I am a third year undergraduate  at Department of Computing and information System, Sabaragamuwa Univercity of Sri Lanka[1] and intending to take part in GSoC 2014 for the first time. I  went through  GSoC 2014 project ideas of eclipse foundation [2]  and felt that they are very interesting.
I am very much interested in doing a Eclipse 4 support in PDE and Platform project for GSoC 2014.I have expertise in following areas.

Object oriented programming
Data Structures and Algorithms
Java Design patterns

Basically I am doing programming with Java therefor I have a advance knowledge with programming in Java also I have experience with programming in  C++ and C#.

I am interested in doing one of your  Advanced Projects. Particularly interested to volunteer my self to the project idea of Eclipse 4 support in PDE and Platform.

I went through the papers and slides in the [3] in your tutorial site and some related articles i found[4][5].It is very helpful if you can provide some information about the project and starting point  for studying the source code.  so that I can start on the project soon..thanks in advance..

[1]http://www.sab.ac.lk/
[2]https://wiki.eclipse.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014_Ideas
[3]http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipsePlugIn/article.html
[4]https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-eclipse-plugindev1/