[soc-dev] Getting started on ECF as a developer

Sir/Ma'am,
                I am an intermediate Java programmer. I want to work on ECF. I have read the bugs on [1]. While most of the terminologies used in the code make sense, I am not sure if I have the knowledge to make a fruitful contribution (e.g. resolve at least one bug).

Can you tell me about the technical prerequisites for working on ECF? I have a decent grasp of concepts like interfaces, inner classes, exceptions and debugging, generics & collections, multithreading and I/O Streams. Do I need to learn some other topic(s) as well or are these enough to (at least) get started?

Regards,
Kunal Suri

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&keywords=helpwanted%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&list_id=7649703&query_format=advanced&order=bug_id%20DESC&query_based_on=

Back to the top