[soc-dev] Employer consent

Students, please be aware that many employment agreements place restrictions on the sorts of activities you can engage in and make ownership claims on work that you do.

It could be the case, for example, that your employer may assert ownership rights over any contributions you make to our open source projects. Depending on the wording in an employment contract, this likely covers what you consider "spare time". We need to know about this.

If you have a job that overlaps with your GSoC commitments, please let me know (private email would be good for this).

FWIW, there is no specific rule that prevents you from working another job while participating in GSoC. We do, however, expect you to honour the commitment that you made to your GSoC project.

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton
The Eclipse Foundation