[soa-pmc] Terminating the Eclipse SOA TLP and retiring the PMC

Greetings SOA PMC.

The PMC has been inactive for some time, and so it seems that it is time to formally retire the PMC and terminate the top level project.

There are two remaining subprojects that are at least nominally active. We will engage in long-overdue progress reviews for both of the projects. We will engage in simultaneous restructuring reviews to find new homes for the subprojects. Our thinking is that the Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler Project is a good fit for the Eclipse Tools TLP and the Eclipse Winery project best fits in the Eclipse Technology PMCs. We will reach out to the PMCs in due course.

The final step will be for the EMO to petition the Eclipse Foundation Board of Directors to revoke the Top Level Project charter in their March 2024 meeting.

Our intention is to wrap this process up by the end of March 2024.

If there is cause to reconsider these actions, please let me know.

We're tracking our progress in this endeavour via this issue.

Thank you for your contributions to the Eclipse SOA Top Level Project and its subprojects and to the Eclipse community.

Wayne
--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation

My working day may not be your working day! Please don’t feel obliged to read or reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.

Back to the top