Re: [soa-pmc] Time for termination?

The Eclipse Development Process requires that we engage in a Restructuring Review to move projects. We can group multiple moves together into a single review if that makes sense. For a review, I just need a date, some evidence that the PMCs involved agree with what we're planning (e.g. a discussion on a public mailing list), and a paragraph that describes what we're doing. I can help craft this paragraph. Like all other reviews, we need to put it up for community comments for a week.

When that review is done, we need to engage the Webmaster to help us do the move. I'm pretty sure that the "move" will mostly just be some updates to project metadata in our database (i.e. I don't think that this will impact any Git repos, builds, etc.; just configuration in our databases).

Once we've moved all of the active projects out of the TLP, I'll ask the Eclipse Board of Directors to revoke the TLP charter.

I usually open bugs to track the various aspects of this. Send a note to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx when you're ready to start.

TL;DR: sort out how you want to reconfigure the projects, connect with the destination PMCs to tell them what you want to do, and then tell me that you'd like to make it happen.

Wayne