Re: [soa-pmc] Time for termination?

I agree with each of the points related above.  Migrating BPMN2 Modeler and BPEL over to the Modeling TLP. and terminating the SOA TLP - it has served its purpose well.
   --Paul Leacu

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Oliver Kopp <kopp.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The SOA TLP has slowed down over the years to a virtual stop today. The BPMN2 project is still releasing updates and Winery has activity but other than that there doesn’t seem to be any life in the TLP.

What a pity. Some think "micorservices are SOA done right". So there
should be a hype on our TLP.

See for instnace: O. Zimmermann, Microservices Tenets: Agile Approach
to Service Development and Deployment, Overview and Vision Paper.,
Proc. of Symposium and Advanced School on Service-Oriented Computing
(SummerSoC), 2016
https://www.ifs.hsr.ch/index.php?id=15266&L=4 -->
http://service-architecture.blogspot.com/2014/03/microservices-is-soa-for-those-who-know.html
and http://arnon.me/2014/03/services-microservices-nanoservices/

> Having talked to Oliver (Winery) and Paul (BPMN2), there seems so far to be a consensus on the long-overdue idea of terminating this top-level project.

Yes. With the recent advances in "Eclipse Cloud Development"
(https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ecd), I would see Winery now
more near to that TLP than the SOA TLP, because Winery is a tool to
develop applications for the Cloud.

I will take the necessary steps to check whether Winery is a really
good fit ECD - or whether the "Eclipse Modeling Project" or the
Eclipse IoT project would be a better home. Currently, I think, the
synergy effects are highest at the ECD project.

Cheers,

Oliver