Re: [soa-pmc] Renaming SOA Platform Top Level Project

FWIW, the implementation of the changes that I outlined should have minimal actual impact on developers (repository locations won't change), so we should be able to roll them out quickly (depending on webmaster workload, of course).

Wayne

On 19/02/15 11:46 AM, Mike Milinkovich wrote:

I would hope that the name change is Board approved in less than a month. ‎The implementation schedule is up to you folks.

Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx
+1.613.220.3223
From: Bob Brodt
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 3:34 PM
To: SOA PMC mailing list
Cc: Ian Skerrett; Marc Gille; mike milinkovich
Subject: Re: [soa-pmc] Renaming SOA Platform Top Level Project

Is there a possibility that this name change will be complete before the Mars release? If so, we should probably also change the category name for installable plugins from "SOA Development" to "BPM Development" in time for Mars.

Bob

This is--strictly speaking--a change in the project charter, so we'll need board approval.

Mike, will this require a presentation of some kind for the board?

If the PMC can provide me with a concise description of why we're making this change (e.g. a single paragraph), I can use that for the restructuring review. We'll need to get board approval before we run the review.

What changes?

* Bugzilla Classification
* Project ids in the database and in IPZilla (e.g. soa.stardust becomes bpm.stardust).

I think that's it. All SOA projects, AFAIK, use the flat project layout, so downloads, builds, source repositories, etc. shouldn't be affected. Am I missing anything important?

You'll need to socialize this with projects. The impact will be minor, but they should still know what's happening.

I'll open some bugs to track this (so nothing falls between the cracks). Any objection?

Wayne