From: soa-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:soa-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc.Gille@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 11:52 PM
To: soa-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: soa-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx; license@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [soa-pmc] Request assistance for score

many thanks for the details answers, wayne.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 10, 2014, at 1:57 PM, "Wayne Beaton" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It looks like Marc and I started at the same time (but he got in ahead). Here's my response anyway...

Note that it is important that the project operate in an open and transparent manner. There needs to be a so-called "level playing field" where all comers can participate equally. If there is a perception that the project is an "HP Project", then that will dissuade the community from participating.

It's okay to indicate that the work is being done by HP, but you need to take care with your website and communications to make it clear that the project is not owned by HP and that participation is welcome.

More comments/answers in line.

Wayne