From: Scott Lewis [mailto:slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: January 12, 2010 3:49 PM
To: SOA Industry Working Group
Cc: Donald Smith
Subject: Re: [soa-iwg] ECF remote services

Zsolt, et. al.

Scott Lewis wrote:
> Hi Zsolt,
>
> <stuff deleted>
>
> Let me say it again:  just, plain, wrong.

If you want further external (i.e. not from me) support for this
perspective on the relationship between runtime and tooling, see the
Virgo proposal:

http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/virgo

In case you don't feel like reading...the proposal explicitly states:
"Developer tools supporting the runtime platform are out of scope for
Virgo, see the following section on related contributions below for
details of how these requirements will be addressed".

and

"Developer tools that provide support for Virgo are out of scope for the
Virgo project as part of Eclipse RT. However, the Virgo team also
propose to work with the existing WTP and PDE projects to contribute
relevant developer tools for Virgo to those projects. These
contributions will be based upon the existing Bundlor and dm Server
development tools projects detailed below".

Scott

Back to the top