From: Matthew Rubenstein [mailto:matthewr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: lundi 19 décembre 2011 16:32
To: Mos, Adrian
Cc: soa-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; mangrove-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Eclipse SOA / BPMN

    Your summary of my plans for BPMN (or alternate toolset) is accurate.

    Since I couldn't get started with BPMN2 I finished the first round, flowcharting a phone system, with Dia (exported to .VXD ). When I have the next step as a deliverable task in my schedule I'll look at BPMN again. If BPMN can import the Dia or .VXD (or other transformed format of the saved flowchart) I'll try that. If BPMN can export an Asterisk dialplan from a flowchart I'll look at BPMN again sooner, and probably create a flowchart with BPMN from scratch if it can't import what I already made.

    FWIW, since I haven't actually started using BPMN I haven't subscribed to its lists, like soa-dev or mangrove-dev . So my replies Cc'ed are not getting  archived there; they're bouncing. When I invest more time in the project I'll probably sign up, at least to a -users list.

I'm using Eclipse v3.6. I haven't heard a response to the "real soon now" timeframe expectations, so I haven't done anything to install BPMN. If I had been able to install BPMN from docs on a comprehensible website I might have subscribed. But I can't commit to yet another project that's not a tool I'm actually using or must use when it's ready (without knowing when that might be) instead of the alternatives, however superficially they substitute. Especially when BPMN is such a complex set of projects that don't offer a direct adoption path without upgrading my Eclipse and really becoming part of the community for a while before figuring out whether it's what I want to use.

    But I thank you for your guidance. If I do adopt BPMN at least there's a cogent and engaged person at the helm to turn to. I'd be happy to report how my use went, and what else the project could do for me. I've been in your position, and I've appreciated the collaboration with users like me.