Re: [soa-dev] A BPM Runtime and API

Hi Mickael,

For eBPM project you could take a look here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Ebpm/Getting_Started

WRT to the API, for eBPM you cound find the eBPM workflow API defined here:

svn+ssh://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/soa/org.eclipse.ebpm/trunk/runtime/org.eclipse.ebpm.workflow.api

The stable api is: IProcessEngine, IControlAPI, IQueryAPI
Instead the IBPMGateway is still not definitive.... so at the moment you should not take care about.

As explained in the wiki at the moment to use the "BPM Runtime" you need to get some additional bundles, from Spagic Project, this is because default implementation
of BPM API is now based on JBPM 3.x and this means we cannot contribute this bundle within eclipse due to the LGPL licensing of jbpm.

Our goal for the future would be to provide a BPM Runtime within eclipse repositories...
So at the moment support for eBPM project is provided within Spagic project.

At the moment we're studying/evaluating the following ways:

1) To provide a "lite implementation"  of a minimal BPM runtime
2) To evaluate *other engines* that would be compatible within eclipse foundation licensing

BTW i'm still interested in your post and i'm open if you've idea to define a *common BPM API* that each projects would then implement itself.

Cheers
Andrea