[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [soa-dev] Proposed BPMN 2.0 editor sub-project
- From: Ahti Kitsik <ahti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:59:02 +0300
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=LFuzJlJFR6ThXY2dH0orCs22z4+ax6qUsDQwPHNt4Ms=; b=lBWRizuQUGT4SMjRTw5gmddn7/72L+DKyB8/e0GQ3wqQmlcdj13Z+3yvjhVdesU+O9 HQM+jgO5IGjPBAdy/ZhKmO+lrGH7WszTnWW/4aRbmctZT7kNoyLqPcMTLhubcDhXoKOk WjaWS66WKudpgaUxaZ0hz/0voOoa3sXSvuvRI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:from:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id :subject:to:content-type; b=l5Otda0JMH/wd3DW4z2WruWX26hOmMpAMYwbgfTmYG1MzaPMeuZczsJuqm/VVTg3cM laAOkFyRZ9Mrtr0hzr+zPiAznG4KYQQQ3VRshOShsy4w9zUNU3dnxK6kG7drayqqnC+q 3TWcg2tF7FdPrwo3+uCS0bWheo2KY/YzAK42M=
Hi Adrian, Andrea, Bob, all,
Unfortunately no design docs yet. It started off by focusing on code first and getting most of the bpmn2 spec implemented. Docs on extensibility etc still needs to emerge from all this.
In terms of main building blocks, it's on top of graphiti modeling framwork and EMF BPMN2 metamodel.
While the current source-code should provide a good start for extensibility, there is just one extension point for now: custom tasks.
The extension point was introduced having jbpm support in mind but I guess eBPM could be plugged in a similar fashion, extension point definition is not specific to jbpm.
Interoperability with the other bpmn2 editor vendors is established by using BPMN2 xml as a native format for the editor, including DI -- no import/export needed and all the diagram information is persisted in the BPMN2 DI section.
The transformation from bpmn1.1 to bpmn2 would be nice but that's not available for now :(
Regarding tutorials, videos etc, we are trying to put one small together and afaik also either Kris or Bob from jBoss are working on some stuff.
Founder & ChiefCoder & CEO at Codehoop
Eclipse RCP development, Open Source consulting