[soa-dev] Alfresco and former jBPM lead Tom Bayens launch Activiti BPM Suite

Hi all

Some of us had been expecting it, here it is : our friend Tom's new foray in the BPM field.

For those that have been missing the tide since Monday, besides the obvious http://www.activiti.org/ , here is a comprehensive entry point :

http://www.jorambarrez.be/blog/2010/05/19/reactions-to-the-activiti-launch/

BPMN2 for both a brand new engine and a Signavio-powered, web-based modeler, REST APIs, Apache License (opening up compatibility with - hint hint - Eclipse) and a strong team...

Looks like some healthy (IMHO at least) competition for our friend Miguel's (and JWT-integrated) Bonita, whose first reactions are here :

http://www.reduxonline.com/blog/2010/5/18/tale-of-the-tape-the-fight-for-open-source-bpm-dominance-beg.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Regards,
Marc

Back to the top