Re: [smila-user] Adding import-packages problem

Hi,

Am 17.07.2012 12:55, schrieb Stavroula Manolopoulou:
Hello,

I'm trying to create my own pipelet in Smila. It's the first time I use Smila and I'm facing a problem with importing packages, any of them even the basic ones. I followed the instructions about creating a bundle and I have so far edited the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF in tab "MANIFEST.MF" by adding the following import-package dependencies, according to the instructions http://www.eclipse.org/smila/documentation/1.0/wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Documentation/HowTo/How_to_integrate_the_HelloWorld_webservice_as_a_Pipelet.html#Create_new_bundle.

Import-Package: org.apache.commons.logging;version="1.1.1",
 org.eclipse.smila.blackboard;version="0.8.0",
 org.eclipse.smila.datamodel;version="0.8.0",
 org.eclipse.smila.processing;version="0.8.0"

I also added them to the "Depedancies" tab in "Imported Packages".
One of these should be sufficient: Adding them on the "Dependencies" tab should add this "Import-Package" entry to the MANIFEST.MF file.
Should they appear automatically in the "Plug-in Dependancies" subfolder of my bundle? Because they do not and Eclipse does not recognize them.
Yes, if the environment is set up correctly (i.e. the target platform is valid and all necessary bundles are in the workspace), then the bundles that contain these packages should appear here.
When I add the "HelloWorld" pipelet as it is given from http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/7/75/HelloWorldPipelet_0.9.zip to my workspace, the imported packages work fine, but I still cannot add any new one.
Is there anything else I have to do?
I'm not sure. But as the URL you referred to is from the 1.0 release, I would first propose to switch to the new 1.1 release instead. We had some problems with the descriptions of how to set up development environment in the 1.0 release. I think it should work better with 1.1.

Regards,
Juergen.

Back to the top