|Re: [smila-user] Replaced Lucene integration with Solr integration|
I’ve removed the org.apache.solr.allinone bundle and moved the required Lucene and Solr bundles to SMILA.extension, so you will need to reload your target platform. We had some problem afterwards with the bundles org.apache.lucene + .core + .analysis, because the same bundles are part of the Eclipse 3.7 SDK which we usually use as the base of the target platform. It seems that the PDE does not like such duplicates and then neither of the duplicates is included correctly in the target platform, and it wasn’t easy or even predictable in which order one had to change which setting to get this working. So I removed those three bundles from SMILA.extension.
This means, that from now on by default SMILA will require an Eclipse 3.7 SDK as the base of the target platform. I hope this doesn’t cause any problems for anyone and not more inconvenience than having to update the workspace settings (-;
I just checked in a major change with the replacement of the Lucene integration with Solr. All Lucene related bundles where removed from the repository. You have to update your workspaces accordingly and you have also to migrate any custom Search/Indexing-Pipelines as well as index schemas to Solr.
Please note that the replacement is not completely finished, yet. There are a couple of issues that will be addressed within the next weeks:
- Currently only the “Default” search works, “Advanced” search is not supported yet
- Field search, filters and sortBy are not supported yet
- Bundle org.apache.solr.allinone will probably be replaced with separate Solr/Lucene bundles from Orbit
- Wiki documentation is not up to date
Please report any issues or problems so that we can address them prior to the 1.0 release.