If this is the only possible solution, there is still a big question. We want to obtain a result in which the whole process can be seen as a single search pipeline. With the term "search pipeline" we mean the following: if the user looks for "logo1" in the video collection, pressing the button "search" (and waiting for a while) he will obtain the results in the same page in which the search was launched. The problem is: in this hybrid solution that divides the process into two separated pipelines, the first pipeline gets the input from the user, while the second pipeline returns back the results, and they aren't aware of the status of the other pipeline. We suppose that the second pipeline doesn't know how to return the results in the search page. Is there a way of giving back the results in the SAME page in which the search process is launched?

Ciao,
Ilio.

Il giorno 22/dic/2011, alle ore 18:45, Andreas Weber ha scritto:

Hi Ilio,

I’m sorry, no experience at all with interrupting and asynch. resuming of a pipeline execution.

Best regards,
Andreas

Von: smila-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:smila-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Ilio Catallo
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2011 17:56
An: Smila project user mailing list
Betreff: Re: [smila-user] SMILA vs Human Computing

Dear Andreas,

we are aware of the sub-optimality of the solution. Unfortunately the solution you propose splits the request/response cycle of the query, thus, forcing us to create a third party application wrt SMILA that orchestrates the sequence of pipeline invocations and hides the asynchronicity to the user.
What about exploiting the BPEL engine to introduce asynchronous execution by means of a Receive action as stated in my previous mail? do you have any experience on that?

Best regards,
Ilio.