What about exploiting the BPEL engine to introduce asynchronous execution by means of a Receive action as stated in my previous mail? do you have any experience on that?

Best regards,
Ilio.

Il giorno 22/dic/2011, alle ore 17:48, Andreas Weber ha scritto:

Hi Ilio,

you can edit the timeout of a pipeline in SMILA\configuration\org.eclipse.smila.processing.bpel\processor.properties  (see pipeline.timeout)

But as Jürgen wrote before, SMILA is not designed to handle such user interactions within a pipeline.
You should really think about the separation of storing/presenting those logos (crowd interaction) from the following video identification e.g. by using different (SMILA) workflows/pipelines. (see Jürgen’s mail)

Best regards,
Andreas

P.S. Be prepared that our list will not be very busy until the beginning of january cause most (all?) people will be on vacation.  ;)

Von: smila-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:smila-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Ilio Catallo
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2011 17:32
An: Smila project user mailing list
Betreff: Re: [smila-user] SMILA vs Human Computing

Hi,

We thought how to circumvent the problem. To evaluate the feasibility of those workarounds we would like to know:
  • Is it possible to set  the pipeline timeout equal to infinity? If so, which is the file that has to be modified?
  • Is it possible to use within SMILA a BPEL pipeline such as the one in the attached figure? In this case we would be able to wait for an event sent by the crowdsourcing webapp and let the pipelet P2 modify the content indicated by the users of the crowd. We would like to know the technicalities that stay behind this approach.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Ilio.