[smila-user] SMILA vs Human Computing

Hi All,

In the last few days at Politecnico di Milano we were trying to develop an entire video analysis pipeline.
I'll briefly summarize the pipelets:
  • A first pipelet downloads some logos from Google Images (es. Coca Cola logos) and stores them into a folder
  • A second pipelet compares each found logo with each frame in a video collection, trying to identify all the frames that contain one of the logos

We want now to integrate a third pipelet that stays between the first and the second one above mentioned.
This third pipelet takes all the downloaded logos from the folder and displays them onto a web page. At this point, a user in the crowd recognizes whether the displayed logos are true logos or not. The true logos are selected (e.g. with a checkbox). Once the selection is made and the request is submitted, the logos that weren't selected are removed from the folder and the process continues with the execution of the third pipelet.

I wanted to ask you whether there's an implemented example for something that resembles this pipelet, or whether you can help us in the implementation in case.
In fact, I think that the construction of the page is not a big deal; it could be built as a simple HTML page with some _javascript_ inside. The problem regards how to stop the execution of the pipeline in order to wait for the user to submit the request.

Thanks in advance,
Ilio.

Back to the top