From: smila-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:smila-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jürgen Schumacher
Sent: Montag, 19. Dezember 2011 16:18
To: Smila project developer mailing list; Smila project user mailing list
Subject: [smila-user] Change of Record/Blackboard interface for Attachments

Hi,

i'm going to change the interface of Record and Blackboard concerning the attachment methods. The plan is to introduce an interface "org.eclipse.smila.datamodel.Attachment" for attachments instead of using plain byte[]. The purpose of this is to be able later to support attachments larger than 2 GB or to be able to introduce streaming of attachments without using the blackboard (e.g. in job workers). Though we will not implement any new features now, we want to introduce the new interface now so that we have a chance of implementing this after SMILA 1.0 without breaking the interface (hopefully :-). If you have created own pipelets or other stuff using attachments, you may have to change get/setAttachment calls to new names afterwards, but apart from this there should be no bigger problems.

BTW: Attachments are now supported in REST API requests, too. See http://wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Documentation/JettyHttpServer#Attachments for details (:

Thanks and Cheers,
Juergen