Re: [smila-user] Branch of SMILA

Hi folks,

About 3 weeks ago I wrote this on the dev mailing list:
> Hi,
>
> FYI: We started a branch of SMILA where we try to simplify some of the
> core elements of SMILA. This affects mainly the data model which we want
> to redesign completely, but this has effects on many parts of the
> processing framework of SMILA. The branch URL is
>
> https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.smila/branches/2011-02-24_Simplification
>
> I also created a wiki page to document the changes we are doing there:
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Documentation/2011.Simplification
>
> Not much has happened yet, but it definitely will in the next couple of
> weeks (: The merge back to trunk is currently planned to happen in about
> 4 weeks.
>
> Cheers,
> Jürgen

We're done with these modifications now and planning to move these
changes back to trunk until end of week. To do this, I will create a tag
from the current state of the trunk, so if you really want to continue
with the current state of SMILA, you can do this by switching to this
tag. Then I'll probably just replace the complete trunk with the branch
(no worries, I constantly merged all trunk changes in the last 3 weeks
to the branch, so nothing will get lost). You will have to adapt your
own implementations then, which can be quite some work (we've gone
through this ourselves by now), but be assured: It's worth it (-;

Cheers,
Jürgen.

Back to the top