Von: smila-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:smila-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Giorgio Sironi
Gesendet: Montag, 24. Mai 2010 15:58
An: Smila project user mailing list
Betreff: [smila-user] License for SMILA applications

Hi,
I have reached the point in which I had a running search application
built over SMILA. I have nearly 3k lines of Java code plus the various
XML configuration files. This is sample code which I feel can be
useful in demonstrate how to interface with SMILA.
I want to release the application as open source on Github (it is an
academical project so there is no commercial interest in it). What
license should I choose? Are there any limitations imposed from the
Eclipse Public License since this is a "derivative work"? I want to
include also the SMILA bundles in the repository for ease of
compilation (git clone, cd SMILA.builder, ./make.sh).

Giorgio Sironi
Piccolo Principe & Web Engineer
http://giorgiosironi.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/giorgiosironi