[smila-dev] SMILA as Search engine

Hi Andreas,

honestly I have no clue of osgi-frameworks and on the server I installed only the zip-Package for Linux. So I don't actually know how to add the boiler-package into the running version. But fortunatly I can build jar-Packages so I choosed a different way to solve my problem:

1. I added the inline-Tag <noindex> (not <!--noindex-->) into the theseus-websites -> not the best way because the w3c validator don't like it.
2. I added in the org.eclispe.smila.processing.pipelets.HtmlToTextPipelet.java noindex to the variable "DEFAULT_REMOVE_CONTENT_TAGS"
   (   private static final String[] DEFAULT_REMOVE_CONTENT_TAGS = { "applet", "frame", "object", "script", "style", "noindex" };  )
3. Then I builded the jar-package and I replaced it with them on the server.
4. I recrawled the site and everything is fine :-)

And also I have some notes:
1. The MimeType-field in the searchform is not working correctly. If I choose in the field "Document type" the "Picture" or "PDF", everything is fine. The MimeType for Websites (text/html) is not working. But if I change the value only to "html" it's working.
2. The field "Extension" does not work. That's why I left it out: http://www.theseus-programm.de/en/75_smila.php?tpl=advanced
3. In my opinion the score-value is not calculated correctly. It's impossible to have a score more than 100%, especially if I am searching in the advanced form only for pictures (280 %) or pdf (396%).

But I still have questions:
1. Is it possbile to show titles for images or PDFs? (not important but nice to have)
2. If I am searching for pictures in the advanced form I receive in the english version 184 images and I can see them all if I wander until to the last result page.
If I am adding a search term,e. g. "bmwi", I have two problems:
   a) I receive more results. (200 results) I think if SMILA can't deal with the images titles the result should be equal or maybe I shouldn't receive any results. Because in this case I guess there is no image called "bmwi".
   b) If I want to go to one of the last result pages SMILA crashes. First I thought it's the fault of my form but in the advanced form delivered by SMILA same results.

okay, it's enough for now.

Thanks in advance.

bye René

Back to the top