Von: smila-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:smila-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Thomas Menzel
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2012 10:58
An: Smila project developer mailing list
Cc: Smila project user mailing list
Betreff: Re: [smila-user] Replaced Lucene integration with Solr integration

Hi folks,

i was wondering a little about the new code in the SearchPipelet regarding fielded search, the code looks thus:

/**

   * build the query string. Takes it either from smila's query string and which must be a native string then OR if that

   * is empty constructs one from smila's fielded search syntax.

   */

  private void doQuery(final List<String> schemaAttributes) {

    String q = _accessor.getQuery();

    if (StringUtils.isEmpty(q)) {

      // search in dedicated fields instead of simple query string

      if (schemaAttributes != null && !schemaAttributes.isEmpty()) {

        final StringBuilder fieldQuery = new StringBuilder();

        for (final String field : schemaAttributes) {

          final List<Value> fieldQueryValues = _accessor.getQueryAttributeValues(field);

          if (fieldQueryValues != null) {

            // there seems to be no SolrQuery API for querying fields so we have to build our query manually

            SolrQueryUtils.appendFieldQueryPart(fieldQuery, field, fieldQueryValues);

          }

        }

        q = fieldQuery.toString().trim();

      }

      // Filters are added in doFilterSettings()

    }

    if (!StringUtils.isEmpty(q)) {

      _solrQuery.setQuery(q);

    }

  }

The code up to now allowed for a mapping of the record attributes/attachments to solr fields (not supporting a dynamic mapping of record fields to solr fields, but that could be introduced of needed).

However, the method is passed a set of attributes that are in the schema and only these will end up being added to the query.

What is the reason for this?

I see really no good need for this limitation and would just iterate over all Val items in the query Map and append them to the solr query…

Thomas Menzel @ brox IT-Solutions GmbH