Re: [smila-dev] BPEL Workflow: How deserialize calls to workflows or fork two different sequence pipeline

No, not this way.

If you process the same bulk in two separate actions of a asynchronous workflow you are working on two separate record instances, so everything should be fine.

The synchronization stuff is about writing to the same record in two pipelet invocations in the same BPEL workflow that are executed in parallel which could happen when using the BPEL <flow> activity. Then both pipelets would be working on the same record instance on the same blackboard. It could be necessary then to put write accesses to the records in your pipelet in a synchronized block, like

Record record = blackboard.getRecord(id);

synchronized (record) {

   record.getMetadata().put(attribute, value);

}

But as we never tried this before I’m not quite sure about this myself.

Cheers,

Jürgen.