From: smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andreas Weber
Sent: Mittwoch, 10. August 2011 16:51
To: Smila project developer mailing list
Subject: [smila-dev] org.eclipse.smila.processing activates solr

Hi folks,

when you start "org.eclipse.smila.processing" bundle (e.g. in bundle tests that need processing), solr is automatically started too, and you get a nasty FileNotFound error + stacktrace that solr.xml was not found.

This is because o.e.s.processing starts the PipeletTracker, that tries to instantiate the Solr pipelets and because "Activate this plug-in when one of its classes is loaded" is set for the o.e.s.solr bundle, the Activator is started and tries to run a Solr server.

So, can we remove the "Activate ...." flag of the solr bundle or is it really needed?

Cheers,
 Andreas