[smila-dev] Datamodel: Value.asXXX methods should autoconvert from string

hi,

I just noticed that the asXXX()conversion methods don’t autoconvert from string, e.g. the ValueType is STRING but the value is "true" and I'm calling asBoolean() . I think and propose to extend the current impl. to try to convert strings to the resquested type and if that fails throw an InvalidValueTypeException as is done now immediately.

pro: SMILA becomes more fault tolerant regarding configuration

cons: support for sloppy configuration style resulting in performance degradation

how do u see this proposal and should we do this?

me: +1 – of course!

Thomas Menzel @ brox IT-Solutions GmbH

Back to the top