[smila-dev] search api : groups rename to facets?

hi,

sorry guys that I want to talk about naming things again, but I wonder if we should rename the "groups" into "facets", which is the more commonly used term in that context – at least from what I can tell and have seen? or did I not get the intent of this part right?

OR

was the intent also to cover with that also the feature of clustering (as for instance with http://search.carrot2.org/) ?

if yes, then it might be OK to use a more broader term. However, it might then still be advisable to have 2 diff terms for these 2 features as to be able to separate them and be able to use both and not have to decide to use either the one or the other thru transmitting a mode flag.

if we decide not to rename to facets, then we at least should mention it in the wiki.

Thomas Menzel @ brox IT-Solutions GmbH

Taglocity Tags: smila

Back to the top