From: smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of igor.novakovic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Freitag, 25. Februar 2011 10:15
To: smila-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [smila-dev] Branch of SMILA

Dear community,

As Jürgen nicely stated in his mail below, we are about to introduce some major changes in SMILA's data model.
One of the major points of criticism of SMILA was its complexity: to many different services, (very) complex data model, no unified referencing in BPEL...

So here is the good news:
In the course of moving to release 0.8 we decided to address the most of these issues and (hopefully) improve SMILA substantially.

In the next couple of weeks we will:
1. Remove the concept of processing services and referencing them directly in BPEL. In the future there will be only Pipelets which - if needed - reference OSGi services running within the framework.
2. Do some preparations for introducing REST APIs in SMILA (using JSON for data interchange) 3. We will replace Tomcat with Jetty (which will provide our REST APIs later and for the meantime host the demo test application) 4. Significant simplify the data model by giving up the annotations in records.
5. Cleaning up the blackboard API
6. Adapt the search API accordingly

So stay tuned and enjoy!

Your feedback is - as always - very appreciated.

Cheers
Igor