Re: [smila-dev] Extension activities

Hi Tammo,

Thanks for the update. I personally have no urgent need for this feature, but I know that the SMILA project (and possibly others) are counting on this being available soon.

I know that ODE supports JDBC mapping through global variables, but it would be nice to be able to provide BPEL4SQL capabilities (and BPEL4People and possibly other WS-BPEL extensions). Besides, this is on our roadmap for the eclipse BPEL designer project.

Thanks again, and enjoy your ( well-deserved, I'm sure :) vacation!

_______________________________________
Robert ("Bob") Brodt
Senior Software Engineer, JBoss Riftsaw
JBoss by Red Hat

----- "Tammo van Lessen" <tvanlessen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> This feature was low priority as nobody was really pushing for it. If
>
> you need this feature we can of course increase priorities. I'm happy
>
> to commit this patch but have to analyze it's impact on binary
> compatibility of cbp files first. If it breaks BC we need to find a
> solution (again) to support multiple OModel versions first. This will
>
> take however quite some time. I'm afraid I can't find the time to
> review before my vacation, which end oct 5.
>
> Best,
>    Tammo
>
> Von meinem iPhone gesendet
>
> Am 21.09.2010 um 16:09 schrieb Bob Brodt <bbrodt@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > I was just wondering what the status is of
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-841
> >  (extension activities) and if we can expect this feature to be in
>
> > 1.3.5
> >
> > Thanks!

> > Robert ("Bob") Brodt
> > Senior Software Engineer, JBoss Riftsaw