[smila-dev] ODE Processing timeout vs. message

Hi folks,

I noticed recently that the timeout for the processing  (pipeline.timeout=10) gets a bit in the way of configuring the MaxMessageBlockSize (MMBS).

The total processing time is usually/often a linear function of the MMBS causing the timeout to be hit when increased unless the timeout is set to a very high value.

As a consequence it hard to config the MMBS  independently of the timeout.

I suggest that the timeout is defined on a per record/item and then the effective timeout for the process is is calc’ed by timeout * records in message.

An alternative were to keep the pipeline timeout as is and set it per default to a very high value and is the absolute max. a pipeline may run.

In addition we have a new property that gives the timeout based on a per record.

Spinning this even further I think that such timeouts should be spec’ed on pipeline level and not globally, since pipelines might have very different timeout needs – or even better on pipelet/processing level. However, there might be already such BPEL? mechanisms. Anybody know of them?

Thomas Menzel

brox IT-Solutions GmbH
An der Breiten Wiese 9
30625 HANNOVER (Germany)
Mobil:      +49 (173) 369 86 76
Tel:          +49 (5 11) 33 65 28 – 76
eFax:       +49 (5 11) 33 65 28 – 98 76
Fax:         +49 (5 11) 33 65 28 – 29
Mail:
tmenzel@xxxxxxx
Web:
www.brox.de

According to Section 80 of the German Corporation Act brox IT-Solutions GmbH must indicate the following information.
Address: An der Breiten Wiese 9, 30625 Hannover Germany
General Manager: Hans-Chr. Brockmann
Registered Office: Hannover, Commercial Register Hannover HRB 59240
========== Legal Disclaimer ==========

Back to the top