Re: [smila-dev] aperture and RDF in SMILA

It was Simon Button who said at the right time 26.10.2009 08:40 the
following words:

aperture has IMAP,
mailbox, and MS-Outlook (desktop version, ahem) crawlers.

crawled results in RDF
> 2) At the moment in SMILA there exists a bundle for sesame and some
> BPEL-Pipelets that can use sesame. We have not discussed the further plans
> of SMILA regarding ontologies until now but we had a demo on the EclipseCon
> 09 that is using an ontology:    http://live.eclipse.org/node/734
>   We would be happy if you decide to contribute on this topic, please stay
> in touch with us.

yep, we are working on that in SMILA.
I am not on it and cannot speak much about it, because I am a bit busy
with other things,
but in general there was a plan for a possibility to pipe RDF through
SMILA,
whats the status of that, btw?

Aperture returns RDF which is a kind of semantic data from the start.
It adhers to the OSCAF.org standard ontologies also used by KDE and
gnome and NOKIA for MAEMO.
so, you won't get more standard than that I guess for document indexing.

Once this all works, the data is compatible with some of the other
semantic search engines out there
(nepomuk, strigi, ....)

best
Leo

Dr. Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +43 6991 gnowsis
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@xxxxxxx

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313