AW: [smila-dev] RE: FYI :: new feature :: Message Resequencer

> Yes, you do :-)
> It's not a missconfiguration.
>
> Imagine that a workflow is not expressed with a single pipeline but by
using
> multiple pipelines. The pipelines are connected via different Queues.
So you would
> have the following walktrough:
>
> Connectivity -> Queue1 -> Pipeline1 -> Queue2 ->Pipeline2 -> ...
QueueN ->
> PipelineN
>
> Before each Queue is a Router and after each Queue is a Listener. You
only want to
> unlock the record after PipelineN has finished processing.
I said that the misconfiguration is only the case where the _router_
sends one record to more than one queue.
What you are talking about is a "cascading" workflow.
In this case you could easily (e.g. via listener configuration) instruct
the listener of the PipelineN to remove the lock. All other listeners
(listening on the pipelines 1 to N-1) would leave the lock just as it
is.

> Such a setup is useful to achieve a better scalability. And I guess
you have
> already seen such setups :-)
Sure. We at Empolis are doing just that ;-)

Cheers
Igor

Back to the top