AW: [smila-dev] Inconsistent Connectivity state

Hi,

> As soon as a record has entered the Queue it has savely entered SMILA
and we
> can ensure that it is processed. This is more important than ensuring
minimal
> processing time.
Yes indeed.

> What you describe has no real impact on data consistency. The only
issue is
> that because the record was not marked in DeltaIndexing yet, it is
processed
> again. So, yes the record is processed twice, which may be a waste of
CPU
> resources but I guess this is acceptable as it only happens
occasionally.
I think we should mark this issue as an enhancement.
Andreas, could you please create an issue in Bugzilla for it?

> A good practice is to stop any crawling processes before shutting down
SMILA
> :-)
This is true if you are in control. But this can also happen if user has
no interaction with SMILA. Just imagine that the host running SMILA is
having some problems (power outage, disk or CPU failure...) and is no
longer online. Also a SMILA-Process could crash due to a bug in some of
its components.

Cheers
Igor

Back to the top